Friday, January 30, 2009

I took my first Titer test

Well, it is not the kind of test with a written portion. A titer test is a simple blood test that shows your puppy's immunity levels against nasty things like parvo and distemper. Then you can know if your puppy's immunity is low towards any particular nasty thing. It also ensures that your puppy doesn't get vaccinations that aren't needed. You can get the titer test done annually to prove your puppy's immune system is strong, instead of giving all those shots over and over and over. Why get it if you don't need it, right?

Jenn took me today to get my blood drawn so I could have my first titer test done. We'll see what my results are on Monday.

Check out this article from Whole Dog Journal about titer tests and protecting your puppy from overvaccination.

No comments: