Monday, August 11, 2008

Topsail Beach Adventure

I just got back from my first trip to the beach! We went to a wonderful house owned by Jenn's friends Julie and Gary. I was so excited to see, smell, hear, and feel the ocean. Jenn put my light line on, so I could romp on the beach and she could still have control of me.
I wasn't quite sure at first about the ocean. The waves were loud and water came rushing at me. Jenn said that it was OK and jollied me up to go into the water a little more. It wasn't so bad. Actually, it was amazing and fun. All this water and I could get all wet. It just didn't taste so good. Yuck.
My friend Mona came down for a day and we had great fun walking on the beach together. Lots of nice people were on the beach and wanted to meet us. I got to wiggle my butt for them.
At the end of the day, I was so tired I feel asleep in my empty water bowl. How embarrassing! Anyway, I can't wait to take another beach trip!

2 comments:

Niamh said...

What a great trip you had Royal!! It is so exciting to run along the beach. Your are right that the ocean water tastes terrible - lake water is much better. Hope we can play together soon.

Your friend,
Niamh

Ayla said...

Wow Royal. That looks like so much fun! I have never been to the beach, but Ruby has been. She liked herding the beach birds. Maybe I'll get to go some day.

It was fun playing and running with you today at the dog park. Let's do it again soon.

Your friend,
Ayla