Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Home Renovations are exciting!

There has been so much activity around here lately. Apparently, we are having some much needed home renovations done. There are men coming and going all day long, making awful loud sounds with tools and machines. It's funny because everytime they show up, Jenn gives me a big marrow bone and then I don't really care about the men or the noises. It takes me hours to work through and get all the marrow out. By the time I'm done, I'm ready for a nap. It's now easy to take a nap, even with all this noise going on.

Jenn says that giving dogs a special project and/or increased physical activity can be helpful while having home renovations or repairs done. That way, we don't have a freak out when the workman come and we actually look forward to them being here. I must say that plan really worked for me.

Bernie's funny because he doesn't seem to care about the noises at all. He likes to monitor all the activity and keep track of who is coming and going. We all should be so low key!
Big Sandy has needed a little extra help dealing with these men that bring the banging, saws and nail guns. She barks at them when they show up in the morning, telling them to get out of her house! She started wearing her Thundershirt bodywrap to help her feel safe and secure with all the commotion and noise going on. To help her calm down, we also put her bed in the quietest part of the house. I think she'll be most happy when the house is quiet again.

No comments: