Tuesday, December 2, 2008

You're going to do what??? Neuter!!

Neuter! Jenn says that neutering will be a good thing, particularly after my randy, rowdy behavior over the food holiday. Oh really!! She says that dogs that are neutered:
  1. Have reduced desire to roam and mark-I won't want to spread my scent as much (especially around Jenn's mom and dad) or track down females in heat
  2. Have reduced desire to mount-so I won't bother Big Sandy and the other girls as much
  3. Increases concentration-some dogs find it easier to work and learn after neutering
  4. Can have decreases in dog/dog aggression-though this varies with the individual
  5. Have fewer prostate problems, fewer hernias, and no testicular tumors
What neutering won't do:
  1. It won't change my friendly, happy personality-I'll still be me
  2. It won't make me a wimp-if anything, being neutered will help me avoid situations where other male dogs find me threatening (because of my hormones)
  3. It won't make me fat-my metabolism will still be high as long as I'm kept active
It certainly would be nice to have a clear head and concentrate on other things, like learning new things, making new friends, and earning more clicks and treats. I guess it won't be so bad.

To learn more about the benefits of spaying/neutering, click here.

1 comment:

Niamh said...

Hi Royal,

Your operation won't be too bad. I was spayed this summer and recuperated very quickly. However it is an opportunity to look pathetic and get more attention from your people.

Don't lick your stitches or they will put the dreaded satellite dish on your head.

Your friend,
Niamh